Sunday, December 23, 2012

Another upcoming activity #medicamp


My faculty organizes a medic-camp for high school students in Taiwan every year.
Needless to say, I signed up for it this year! :)
I don't have much workload this year, so I think it's really important for me to take this opportunity and take part in as many activities as I can.
What's Uni life without participating in all these activities anyway?
I've been submerged by all kinds of activities since school started, and I'm having tonnes of fun!

I dont know about other Unis, but there's so much going on in my Uni and I feel that taking part in these activities is part of what studying in Taiwan should be like. The local students take their associations and societies very seriously and are really enthusiastic about it. Since I'm studying here, why not try and experience their culture?

So far I've taken part in almost all their activities and even though the process of preparation can cost you your liver, but after all is said and done, you'll be glad you stuck with it till the end. I think it has made me grow as a person. I've always wanted to push myself even further and stepping outta my comfort zone.
I'm really shy when it comes to talking in front of a crowd, or performing a sketch. I care a lot bout other people's perception of me, which is why I could never take on a silly character when doing a sketch.
But I've always wanted to change that, and I think taking part in these activities made me feel more comfortable in front of a crowd.

I'm extremely thankful for every single opportunity that I'm given and I try to grab hold of every one of them that's thrown my way.

So I mentioned that the latest activity that I took part in is this camp we're organizing for the high school students. We've only had one meeting so far, and the real preparation doesn't start till next semester. So I'll try and blog bout it more often, update on the process rather than just show you guys the outcome, so that you'll know how are things done here  :)

I did a photo shoot for them yesterday, used for the posters and brochures that's gonna be distributed. *Fingers crossed it's gonna turn out ok cause I'm guessing a lot of people are going to be able to see it :X *
It's not as easy as I thought, and it took us around 3 hours to wrap things up.
The theme was 007 but it felt more like twilight. LOL
My partner Adam took far less pictures than me during the shoot, he's perfect like that.
It's like every picture he took, he looked handsome in it and me, on the other hand, had a really round face. LOL

Anyway, I wont complain, as long as my seniors get what they want :)
One of my senior, Nicole, took candid pictures of me and Adam when we were doing the photoshoot, but I cant post them here cause I cant 'leak' those pictures.
So I'm just gonna post a picture of  Nicole and I, and let you guys catch a glimpse of the oh-so-charming Adam too :)

They even prepared a BB gun for us! and it was heavier than I thought




till then, xoxo


2 comments:

Michelle said...

omg!! i can't wait for the photos! please upload them ok!!! you should've gone into modelling! super chioooo!

loveee youuu
xoxo

Yan Wen said...

Mich you are too kind! ><
I dont know if I'll get those pictures eh, I'll upload them if they turn out nice ok. hahaha
love you too! xoxo